KEESEVILLE — A fire destroyed a garage attached to a home and a vehicle here.
“The home was completely saved,” and no one was injured, Keeseville Volunteer Fire Department Chief David Perkey said.
Perkey’s department was called to 210 Plains Road at 7:45 p.m. When they arrived, the 25-by-25-foot garage attached to the single-story home was smoking and smoldering, Perkey said.
About 15 firefighters were able to quench what remained of the fire, he said. The garage and the pickup truck inside of it were total losses, Perkey said.
The family who owned the home has homeowner’s insurance, he said.
The Keeseville Volunteer Fire Department was back in service by 10 p.m.
Peru provided mutual aid, AuSable Forks was on standby at the Keeseville station and South Plattsburgh Fire Department provided help as well.
— By Staff Writer Felicia Krieg