PLATTSBURGH — The Plattsburgh City Fire Department was dispatched to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Tuesday evening.
At about 6:25 p.m., about a dozen people evacuated the church after smelling propane inside the building on 26 Dennis Ave., according to Lieutenant Scott Barshow.
The church’s propane tank was filled Tuesday but the warm weather caused the gas to expand, opening the vent device to let off pressure, Barshow said.
“We ventilated the building so that the odor was removed and (the evacuees) went back inside,” he said.
There were no resulting injuries.
— By Contributing Writer Amy Heggen