BRUSHTON — Brushton Volunteer Fire Department responded to a blaze at 1073 Route 11 at 5:52 a.m. Friday morning.
A passer-by reported the fire in the attached garage of the 14-by-17-foot mobile home. The occupants, an unidentified woman and child, were not injured.
“There was a working fire in the garage,” Brushton Fire Chief Michael Barse said. “We were able to knock it down really fast.”
The blaze is being attributed to an electrical malfunction.
“The fire never made it to the house,” Barse said. “There is nothing wrong with the house and minimal damage in the garage.”
Fire departments from Moira, Bangor and Dickerson responded.
Brushton Fire Department returned back to the station at 8:30 a.m.
—By Staff Writer Robin Caudell