Press-Republican

Police, Fire, Courts

December 20, 2013

Police Log: Dec. 20, 2013 — Fire

AUSABLE FORKS — A residential chimney fire at 362 Nelson Road was snuffed quickly by area fire departments in Ausable Forks Thursday morning.

Homeowner Tracy Santamaria called in the fire, caused by a wood furnace, at 9:14 a.m. to Clinton County Dispatch.

“It was a chimney fire that extended up into the walls,” said Ausable Forks Vol. Fire Dept. Chief Michael Cross.

“It was a single family home. We arrived shortly on scene. There were some of us hanging out at the station, so we had a pretty quick response because of that. There was smoke coming from the chimney and smoke inside the residence. At that time, I called for my Mutual Aid.”

Wilmington Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched, and Keeseville Volunteer Fire Department was on standby.

“We were there about hour and a half,” Cross said. “There was minor damage to the inside wall of the chimney. They will be able to stay there.”

— By Staff Writer Robin Caudell

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Police, Fire, Courts
Our Best Friends


Celebrate your friendships with your favorite pet

CVPH Job Opportunities