PLATTSBURGH — The cause of a kitchen fire at 12 Imperial Ave. is still under investigation.
Neighbors reported the fire at 6:52 p.m. and Plattsburgh City Fire Department was on scene two minutes later, according to Captain Scott Lawliss.
Flames had extended through the hood vent to the outside of the mobile home, Lawliss said, though fire and smoke damage were localized to the kitchen.
No one was injured as a result of the fire.
The owner of the building is unknown and no one was available to talk 9 p.m. Monday.
“(The owner) will be finding an alternative place to stay until he can have repairs done,” Lawliss said.
No further information was available.