DANNEMORA — Three departments responded to a chimney fire here Oct. 12.
A family member at the Rock residence called 911 after seeing smoke coming from the exterior of their 57 Bouck St. home at about 2 p.m.
Dannemore Volunteer Fire Department Chief Mike Recore said that before his crew arrived, two firefighters from the Saranac Fire Volunteer Fire Department who happened to be near the home saw the smoke near the chimney on their way by and quickly tried to find the problem.
Recore said the home’s roof sustained partial damage, but no one was injured.
It appears the chimney malfunctioned, igniting the small fire, he said.
In addition to the Dannemora and Saranac departments, Cadyville Volunteer firefighters also responded.
Recore said his crew was back in service by 3:25 p.m.
— Compiled by Staff Writer Miranda Orso