NY gives $9M for flood control
A total $9 million from state, federal sources will reroute rivers, repair and rebuild infrastructure.
- Priorities listed for inundation eradication LIDAR mapping, river restoration, culvert replacement are among key items in NY Rising plan for Jay and Keene.
Sea lamprey barrier in place
The innovative device in Quebec helps protect Lake Champlain.
Bird banding planned at Crown Point
Fort Ticonderoga and Crown Point State Historic Site both open this weekend.
Westport land trust wins grants
Champlain Area Trails will use funding to help buy land, develop strategic plan.
Adirondack 6er hike wins Adirondack Park kudos
APA, Adirondack Tourism Council honored other communities, local events for unique fun, too.
- DEC seeks public comment on NYCO test mining Next step in Proposition 5 approval requires Unit Plan amendment, temporary revocable permit.
NYCO test drills reach 300 feet underground
Willsboro mining company hopes to begin work this summer.
Earth Day events all week
Lectures, Edible Plants Walk, other activities sponsored by SUNY Plattsburgh Environmental Action Committee.
- Change of season means check wells Contaminants can show up now that wouldn't other times of year, Clinton County Health Department says.
- More Environment Headlines
- NY gives $9M for flood control