- Don't get caught cold turkey Memorial Day weekend's weather turned out to be the nastiest I've hunted in, yet the most productive, Dan Ladd writes.
- New state record set for brook trout Mayfield resident catches 6-pound "brookie" from Hamilton County's Silver Lake
- Take your pick - state campgrounds offer variety State parks and campgrounds that provide access to wild experiences are still incredible resources, Elizabeth Lee writes.
Town stops selling DEC sporting licenses
Plattsburgh's investment in new required technology would not pay off, officials say.
- Kayak trip almost becomes ice-out adventure Our plan was to float and fish the Jessup River, which flows into the southern end of the lake, spend the night and fish our way out, Dan Ladd writes.
- Adirondack Mountain Club sets Spring Outing Paddling trips will make their way across the Saranac Lakes while road cycling will include routes in Adirondack foothills.
Fly fishing weekend excellent chance for women
For women who seek adventure, there is a great opportunity coming up, Elizabeth Lee writes.
Outdoors Briefs: May 12, 2013
Take a look at brief outdoors-related news of note around the North Country.
Hikers warned off higher trails
People can damage fragile vegetation during mud season, DEC says.
Leave young wildlife alone
Humans often do more harm than good when they interfere with baby birds, fawns and other animals they come upon in springtime and summer.
- More Outdoors Headlines