DEC mulls changes to freshwater sportfish regs
Anglers urged to review, comment
- Last call for classification of Essex Chain Lakes Eight public hearings were recently held across the state, Dan Ladd writes.
Annual Loon Census scheduled for July 20
The census enables the Wildlife Conservation Society to collect important data.
- Wild Center to host monarch butterfly talk Dr. Ernest Williams of Hamilton College will speak on monarch migration.
- Forest friends lend color to wet weather trips Damp soil and dark pools camouflage the wildlife on the forest floor but a few special, bright orange species show like blaze-orange clothing in the fall, Elizabeth Lee writes.
- Outdoors Briefs: July 7, 2013 Take a look at brief outdoors-related news of note around the North Country.
- Crossbow legislation again misses target date The legislative session ended June 21 without the crossbow bill A283B, which would've put crossbow management in the hands of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, Dan Ladd writes.
- Outdoors Briefs: June 30, 2013 Take a brief look at outdoors-related news of note around the North Country.
- Day of downpours turns into waterfall excursion In an attempt to turn a rainy day last week into a memorable trip, I took a group to Snow Mountain to check out the falls, Elizabeth Lee writes.
- Webisode, professor show 'coolness' of smelly plant "Undead Zombie Flowers of Skunk Cabbage: Plants Are Cool, Too!" the third in a series.
- More Outdoors Headlines
- DEC mulls changes to freshwater sportfish regs