- Old school or high tech, give hard-water fishing a try Ice fishing can be as simple as it was in your grandfather's day, or involve using the latest technology, columnist Dan Ladd writes.
- DEC system for licenses, reports up and running Public can resume purchasing licenses, reporting game harvests
- Outdoors Briefs: Jan. 12, 2014 Take a look at brief outdoors-related news of note around the North Country.
Booking time in winter to catch up on reading list
"Lichens of the North Woods" is a simple, lightweight, well-organized reference, columnist Elizabeth Lee writes.
DEC adopts sauger conservation management plan
Sauger were once common in New York portions of Lake Erie, Lake Ontario, the St. Lawrence River and Lake Champlain.
Outdoors Briefs: Jan. 5, 2014
Take a look at outdoors-related news of note around the North Country.
- Another North Country deer season in the books I enjoy a lot of different things in the outdoors, but hunting is at the very top of my list, Dan Ladd writes.
- DEC advises backcountry visitors of winter conditions throughout Adirondacks Winter recreational opportunities abound with proper preparation and precautions
Falling for beauty of state's new land purchase
On the last day of deer season, I set out for OK Slip Falls on the new OK Slip Tract in Indian Lake, Elizabeth Lee writes.
Outdoors Briefs: Dec. 22, 2013
Take a look at brief outdoors-related news of note around the North Country.
- More Outdoors Headlines