Adirondack Interpretive Center to host 2014 BioBlitz
Participants will learn where to look for species, how to identify them while participating in scientific inventory
DEC announces tentative 2014-15 migratory game bird hunting seasons
Early announcement aimed at helping hunters plan trips.
NYS Outdoor Writers head back to Fulton County
The organization is made up of outdoor media folks like myself from all over New York, columnist Dan Ladd writes.
Outdoors Briefs: June 15, 2014
Take a look at brief outdoors-related news of note around the North Country.
- Searching for rare treasure on Valcour Island This week a group of botanists including members of the SUNY Plattsburgh faculty, the Adirondack Botanical Society and the New York Flora Association took a close look at Valcour Island.
- DEC issues revised draft plan for National Scenic Trail Proposed national trail would traverse central Adirondacks
- Outdoors Briefs: June 8, 2014 Take a look at brief outdoors-related news of note around the North Country.
Rarely heard bird call is now actually common
The common terns are returning to Lake Champlain from Central and South America where they wintered, Elizabeth Lee writes.
- DEC announces first state-record fish for 2014 Eric Lester of Campbell Hall caught 60-pound female striped bass from Hudson River
- Pocket Ranger app for outdoor sports Application for smartphones offers digital compass, maps, parks trail and hunting data.
- More Outdoors Headlines
- Adirondack Interpretive Center to host 2014 BioBlitz