Press-Republican

Local News

January 23, 2014

Grease fire damages Cliff Haven kitchen

(Continued)

Putting water on the grease fire is a bad idea, he added. 

“It’ll make it worse,” he said. “In many cases, you’ll end up getting burned.”

+++++

COOK SAFELY

Here are some tips to help avoid kitchen fires, provided by Clinton County Emergency Services Director Eric Day:

• Don't leave the stovetop unattended.

• Avoid using water to extinguish a grease fire. It can worsen the situation or cause burns.

• Instead, pour baking soda on the flames or smother them with a pan lid.

• For an oven fire, leave the oven door closed.

 

Text Only | Photo Reprints
Local News

North Country Scenes


Click on photo to view gallery with latest photos

FYI...