“They cost us money to train, and the state of New York gets a fully polished person. Then we have to go train someone else and go through the whole process again.
“And we lose all that institutional knowledge,” he said. “We’re trying to do the best we can.”
Here is a list of Franklin County department heads expected to receive raises, along with their 2012 salary and proposed 2013 rate of pay:
- Gloria Valone, clerk of the Board of Legislature, from $24,664 to $25,635 (part time).
- Glenn MacNeill, chief assistant district attorney, from $85,500 to $87,500.
- Thomas Soucia, county public defender, from $73,364 to $76,864.
- Lorelei Miller, conflict defender, from $70,550 to $72,550.
- Frances Perry, county auditor, from $42,500 to $44,500.
- Jeanette Tummons, director of Real Property Tax Service, from $43,575 to $45,575.
- Jonathan Miller, county attorney, from $65,353 to $66,953 (part time).
- Paul Duffee, personnel director, from $44,000 to $47,500.
- Veronica King, Board of Elections commissioner (Republican), from $45,267 to $47,267.
- Kelly Cox, Board of Elections commissioner (Democrat), from $45,267 to $47,267.
- Darrin Rubadeau, superintendent of Buildings and Grounds, from $54,513 to $56,513.
- Rob Green, director of information services, from $79,357 to $81,357.
- Denise McLane, Probation Department director, from $58,000 to $61,500.
- Patrick White, undersheriff, from $47,047 to $48,047.
- Bruce Bannon, County Jail warden, $46,002 to $48,002.
- Katie Strack, director of Public Health, from $81,000 to $83,000.
- Suzanne Goolden, director of Mental Health, from $82,500 to $84,500.
- Lesley Lyon, commissioner of Social Services, from $72,472 to $75,972.
- Bonnie Stewart, deputy director of Veteran Services, from $39,464 to $41,464.
- Brad Parker, director of Weights and Measures, from $43,861 to $45,861.
- Susan Wilson-Scott, director of Office for the Aging, from $46,456 to $48,456.
- Rebecca Preve, director of CARES unit, from $42,000 to $44,000.
- Mary Shanty, director of Public Transportation, from $38,969 to $40,969.
- Jonathan Hutchins, Highway Department superintendent, from $62,000 to $64,000.
Email Denise A. Raymo: firstname.lastname@example.org