The Elizabethtown Chamber of Commerce incorporated in 1951.
In 2007, it was suggested that it expand to include businesses in the Town of Lewis, creating the new Elizabethtown-Lewis Chamber of Commerce.
The chamber welcomes businesses and individuals to join and is seeking comments and suggestions, especially participation by citizens.
Its activities include:
• Participating in regional agency meetings.
• Promoting business interests.
• Representing the towns to get tax and specialty-tax revenues allocated to local business needs.
• Representing business interests to the county and town governments.
• Promoting healthy economic growth and improved exposure and visibility for Elizabethtown and Lewis.
• Creating and maintaining a website.
• Participating in, promoting and helping to fund local events.
Email Alvin Reiner:email@example.com
Elizabethtown-Lewis Chamber of Commerce's newly re-elected officers are: Bruce Pushee, chairman; Ron Testa; first vice chairman; Bill Finucane, legal advisor; Alan Jones, budget officer; Matt Baldwin, marketing; Evelyn Hatch, treasurer; and Mary McGowan, secretary.
The chamber meets at 5 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month.
During the winter, it meets at Adirondack Community Action Programs offices on Court Street.
In the summer, meetings are held at Adirondack Museum on Court Street.
Meetings are open to the public. For additional information, go to: elizabethtownchamber.com or visit the chamber on its Facebook page.